1. Video is preferential to text. Think for a minute about what catches your eye while scrolling through the ‘noise’ of social media. It is likely that video will make up quite a large proportion.
Our eyes are naturally drawn to images and most of us prefer to watching video to reading a chunk of text.
2. Conversion rates: According to statistics from DigitalSherpa, 80% of online visitors will watch a video while 20% will read content. These statistics are important factors in terms of conversion rates i.e. converting visitors into paying customers. The bottom line matters and a ROI is key to business success.
According to the US firm Crazy Egg who specialise in conversion optimisation:
3. Psychological factors: We can form a connection and be empathetic towards characters in a video. This applies to live action as well as animation. Videos go viral. A video that triggers an emotional response will most likely be shared online. This is fantastic news for business branding.
There is also an affordable paid campaign option on YouTube which allows for specific targeting. It’s all about matching your solution to your target market’s ‘problem’ or needs.
4. Compatibility with technology & social media channels: Video can be viewed across all mobile devices. That means your company has the potential to reach millions of internet users both in Ireland and globally. According to the Irish Independent:
A recent survey found that 8 out of 10 adults online in Ireland use social networks, broken down as follows:
Upload your video to your website and link it to your social media channels to increase customer engagement and drive traffic to your website. It makes good business sense!
5. Home or away: If you are trying to break into a foreign market that doesn’t use English as a first language, then it is more difficult to explain your product or service benefits to potential customers. An explainer video can do the groundwork for you.
At MakinMediaMobile we offer voice over and music score as standard in all of our explainer videos. The added extra with video for foreign markets is that we can add voice overs & text in many different languages including Chinese, Arabic & German.
Check out MakinMediaMobile’s latest showreel (below) which includes some cool 3D animation!
Contact us at MakiMediaMobile to learn how we can help your business to reach more customers.